Thursday, February 9, 2017

Healthy Living - I Want A Hot Dog But My Aorta and Gallbladder Say.....

Usually I am O.K. with my vegan diet.   Once in a while my whole body disdains all the whole foods and screams 'Hot Dog!'

Gallbladder diet.  Carrot dog with roasted eggplant. Healthy for aorta and digestive system.

Last night I fulfilled the hot dog desire.  In a healthy manner that is.

Though I'd never eat a 'real' hot dog, I do crave them occasionally. Vegan carrot dogs can be healthy for aorta & digestive system.
Some one had told me about carrot dogs a while back.  Nope, they aren't just like a real hot dog. They lack the terrible fats, hormones, chemicals, preservatives like sodium nitrite and other dangerous ingredients that 'real' hot dogs contain.

Actually they taste pretty darn good.  Maybe even better than a real hot dog. And are full of vitamins and minerals and fiber and good taste!

Here's how I made mine.

Wednesday is our farmers market day and I picked out about ten big fat juicy carrots.
Gallbladder and aorta diet. Carrots about to become 'dogs'. Healthy for aorta and digestive system.

After you wash and trim any bad spots away from the carrots, place them in a glass baking dish.

Bake your fat, plump carrots at 385F until brown. Healthy for aorta and digestive system.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 385 F until they are tender enough to press a fork all the way through.

Remove from the oven and perforate each carrot with a fork until well punctured.

Soak each carrot in tamari or your favorite marinade and place back in the oven.  I use gluten free tamari.

Allow carrots to continue browning or caramelizing, removing from oven every five minutes or so to rotate.
Gallbladder and aorta diet.  Carrots are ideal 'dog' alternatives, full of aorta and gallbladder supporting phytochemicals.

Once the carrots are brown and cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool.

I like soft corn tortillas with dijon mustard and kalamata olive spread.

Wrap your carrot dog in the corn tortilla, accentuate with mustard, onions, pickles and healthy spreads and enjoy!

Jonesing for a hot dog can be healthy if you think 'big fat carrot'!

No comments:

Post a Comment