Thursday, February 16, 2017

Aorta & Gallbladder Friendly Snacks - Baba Ganoush Yum

I stay hungry all the time.

Aorta and gallbladder friendly - healthy homemade baba ganoush!

Despite my touchy gallbladder I am finding homemade whole foods snacks like baked, gluten free corn chips and baba ganoush really satisfy my hunger urges without pain or inflammation that will damage y aorta or gallbladder.

Today I made fresh baba ganoush.

Dice a large onion, green pepper, large carrot, garlic (powder or fresh), nice size chunk of fresh ginger (the more the better for me) and yam and sauté in water until tender.

Bake two large market eggplant in the oven until completely tender.

Allow all ingredients to cool and then place in food processor or blender.  Add a couple large spoonfuls of tahini if you can tolerate tahini and two tablespoons of organic, cold pressed, unrefined coconut oil.
Aorta and gallbladder friendly - healthy homemade baba ganoush!
Salt and pepper to taste.

Blend away.

Homemade baba ganoush is full of phytochemical and nutrients, fiber and minerals.

So tasty too....

1 comment: