Monday, February 13, 2017

Gallbladder and Cardiovascular Diet - Vegan Feasts Can Be Hearty

My gallbladder and torn aorta pretty much demand that I eat a vegan diet.  Sometimes I do supplement the veggies with herring or sardines but for the most part I eat veggies.
Gallbladder diet & Aorta Diet.  Vegan dinners can be filling feasts!

Back when I first was presented with the fact that I'd no longer be able to consume cheese, butter meats, chips and processed foods I went through a 'grieving' phase.

I first thought going vegan meant going hungry.  I feared going vegan meant practical starvation but I was so wrong.

Today the vegan meals we fix are literal feasts.

The dinner featured here totally satisfied my immense appetite.  We had Basmati rice, fresh sauerkraut, cooks beets, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, cashews, walnuts, a cabbage & garden greens salad, chopped apples and chick pea veggie burgers.  Totally scrumptious, filling and amazing.

Best of all my gallbladder stayed happy and my torn aorta was content not to be hit with inflammatory processed foods ingredients.

Gallbladder life and aorta life don't have to be second place to the SAD diet.

In fact, whole and slow foods are not only healthy but will keep you coming back for more!




No comments:

Post a Comment