Thursday, August 4, 2016

Gallbladder diet. Acai and Apple Cider Vinegar, Papaya and Smoked Salmon Heartiness

Apple cider vinegar (ACV) was one of the first gallbladder attack and gallstone cures I read about.
Gallbladder diet.  I mix ACV with water or Acai juice with a 1:8 or 2:8 ratio.

First I doubted, waiting six months before adding ACV to my diet.

You see, I am a skeptic, especially with respect to 'home remedies'.

Now I am a believer in ACV, not only for the capabilities of ACV to potentially emulsify or dissolve and help remove gallbladder sludge, but also for the healthy positive effect of slowing insulin spikes after eating.

I drink my ACV twice daily, once in the morning and once in evening.
Gallbladder diet.  ACV drinks are slightly acidic, so be sure to brush your teeth afterwards.

Most ACV centered websites recommend one or two ounces of a non-filtered organic ACV, one filled with the probiotic rich particulate 'mother' mixed into a drink.
Gallbladder diet.  Apple Cider Vinegar is a must have for any gallbladder diet.  Always choose organic.

Acai juice is one of my favorite mixers.  Water does just fine too.  Blend the ACV to water or mixer juice at a 1:8 or 2:8 ACV:water ratio.

Sometimes I'll stir in a tablespoon of ACV into my morning ginger tea while participating in  stretching and yoga exercises.

ACV will be my go to relief drink also, along with plenty of water if ever I have another gallstone attack.

Papaya and Smoked Salmon Lunch.

There is something healthy sounding about an all orange-pinkish lunch.
Gallbladder diet.  Papaya and smoked salmon make a hearty, scrumptious meal.

Cold, sweet papaya and thin sliced smoke salmon go great together, creating a sweet and salty taste sensation that is irresistible to my taste buds.

I cut the papaya the night before and chill in the refrigerator for the next day.

As a side note, papayas are full of seeds.  It is fun to toss the seeds into the garden bed after cutting the papaya and watch them sprout.  Papaya trees usually produce massive amounts of fruit each year. If you live in a colder climate, try growing them indoors.
Gallbladder diet.  Sprouting papaya seeds

Gallbladder diet.  Papaya tree outside our patio.

Papayas are also an excellent source of Vitamins A, B's, and C, as well as fiber and folate according to many health sources.

Costco is my favorite place to purchase smoked salmon.
Gallbladder diet.  Gallbladder friendly smoked salmon should contain zero nitrites!

Always look for smoked salmon with the lowest total fat content.  Salmon contains a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids and will help you maintain the proper good to bad cholesterol/lipid ratio.

Just as important as the total fat content is finding smoked salmon with no added sodium nitrites.  Nitrites have been shown through research to possible cause or encourage some types of cancers.  The Costco brand I purchase contains no nitrites according to the label.

Gallbladder diets can be hearty and delicious!

There are so many non-processed fresh foods low in fat and rich in nutrients that you can combine to create a new and exciting, gallbladder friendly meal each day!

Cheers!  Kevin   #gallbladder life


No comments:

Post a Comment