Saturday, July 30, 2016

Gallbladder diet. 07/28/16 Eating Out? What Can I Eat?

One of the most frustrating things living this gallbladder life is giving up all those oil filled restaurant foods that smell so delicious and make my mouth water.
Gallbladder diet.  Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant is one of my favorite #gallbladder friendly places to eat out.

I've had to severely curtail my eating out because there is honestly not a lot of gallbladder friendly food one can order!

Oatmeal with raisins is a standard for breakfast.

I did however find an egg-white omelet with veggies at one restaurant, but if you aren't really specific about cooking the omelet without oil ( or at least go way easy on the oil) then the plate comes out with a beautiful no-fat omelet full of healthy veggies but swimming in a pool of melted butter or vegetable oil.

My gallbladder would scream at me.

Anyway, I've learned to make sure the wait staff understands 'no oil' means 'no butter' and/or 'no butter' means 'no oil' too.  You'd be surprised.

Sometimes if I'm not sure if they understand what I'm requesting I'll tell them that I could end up dead in the booth if the cook forgets and uses oil or butter.

You should see the look in their eyes.

It's mostly true though.  If you've ever had a bad gallbladder attack you will think you are dying.

So that is why I like Sweet Tomatoes.  The restaurant even has fat free ranch and fat free Italian dressings in addition to literally hundreds of non-fat fresh food choices on their all you can eat salad bar.

Moreover, their hot sweet and white potatoes are always moist, warm and cooked just right so one is not stuck eating a cold meal.

Dress warm though, Sweet Tomatoes here in Fort Myers keeps the air conditioning cranked and running cold!

Gallbladder life doesn't have to be boring.

Eating out can be fun.  You just have to know where to go!

Cheers!  Kevin    #gallbladder life

No comments:

Post a Comment