Its been over a year since I had key lime pie. I'd given up hope. But OMG, this no fat, gallbladder friendly key lime pie recipe is way too good. I am all smiles after a huge slice!
First though I want to discuss a few basics about the gallbladder diet.
Key Points to Remember and Follow:
- Obtain your minimum daily fat requirements through vegetables and fish. I target no more than 20g total fat per day. Usually I am around 10-15g total fat per day, if that. There are a lot of good fats in vegetables and we will discuss in another post. (You should discuss with your doctor any change in diet you make.)
- Remove all inflammatory substances from your diet.
- Shift the balance from omega 6's more to omega 3's (we will discuss in another post)
- Get rid of trans fats
- Say bye to simple sugars and limit your fresh fruit intake
- Always read all ingredients on anything you buy that is pre-packaged
- Preferably buy only whole foods
- Exercise gently
- Meditate on your world view
- Find your passion/hobby/work ethic and dive in
- If you have an attack, go on a clear liquid diet for a week. Drinking lots of water, walking and Ibuprofen helps me calm the inflammation. Ask your doctor about an antibiotic or Ursodiol.
|Gallbladder Diet no-fat spring rolls|
|Gall bladder diet, Spring roll wrappers, zero fat - contain rice and cassava|
|Gallbladder diet - Packaging reads '0 total fat' but ingredients say 'coconut oil'|
|Gallbladder Diet - you will learn to roll a beautiful fat one quick enough|
|Gallbladder Diet - veggies wrapped, rolled and dusted with spices ready for baking|
|Gallbladder Diet - vegetarian spring rolls are hearty and filling all the while kind to my gallbladder too|
|Gallbladder Diet - no fat key lime pie - 'yum'|
- 1 pack fat free tortillas
- 8 oz fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 medium tub fat free cool whip
- 2 limes, grated up for their zest
- 1 cup real Key Lime juice
|Gallbladder Diet - I use fat free tortillas for the pie crust|
|Gallbladder Diet - fat free tortilla pie crust ready to bake|