Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Gallbladder Diet, 07/27/16, Cookbook that Inspired my Gallbladder Diet

Sometimes there is a spark of inspiration leading you to achieve great things.

Gallbladder diet.  Although written for healthy hearts, this cookbook forms a great basis for gallbladder health also.
For me this cookbook started a food revolution in my life, one that has saved me from further #gallbladder pain and so far surgery.

This cookbook is comprehensive and lays all the nutritional facts out on each page for each recipe making it so easy to quickly decide whether or not the food may be gallbladder friendly.  For me a quick glance at the total fat content is all revealing.
Gallbladder diet.  I've changed some ingredients and practices to make recipes more gallbladder friendly.

Although the cookbook's recipes were compiled for good heart health they also perfectly serve to form the basis for a gallbladder friendly diet.
Gallbladder diet.  There are so many recipes one would have a hard time going hungry!

The American Heart Association's Cookbook offers an amazing array of scrumptious recipes most of which are low fat, and high in protein or complex carbohydrates.
Gallbladder diet.  Healthy cooking supports not only gallbladders but other body organs too!

I absolutely love the nutrition chart associated with each recipe.  Right away I can spot total fat content and decide whether or not the particular recipe may be gallbladder friendly.

Gallbladder diet.  How many times have I missed good coleslaw!  Here's a gallbladder friendly recipe!
Let me be clear - the book serves as an inspiration for a good gallbladder diet.  There are however some ingredients and cooking practices I've modified in my gallbladder diet, such as replacing cooking spray with poaching or water sautéing.

Seriously consider ordering the 8th edition of the American Heart Association's Cookbook here.

Gallbladder friendly diets don't have to be boring.

I am loving my kitchen, the food I prepare and eat even more now than ever before.  Note to Gallbladder; I'm not thanking you here for causing me to seek out a more healthy diet.  But I am glad I've discovered how to eat healthy all the while avoiding those horrible inflamed gallbladder sessions.

Cheers!  Kevin.  #gallbladderlife








No comments:

Post a Comment