Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Gallbladder Diet 07/19/16 Fresh Food & Storage in Glass Containers - No More Plastics

Plenty of irrefutable scientific evidence exists today showing certain chemicals, like Bisphenol-A (BPAs) act to promote inflammation in our bodies.

Gallbladder diet.  Glass container and a gallbladder friendly condiment 

My body, especially my gallbladder is already inflamed enough without me adding more environmental toxins to fuel the fire.

Yet not only can BPAs promote inflammation within our bodies in general, they specifically have been shown to cause inflammation in perinatal circumstances to the distal colon and liver and potentially in-turn the gallbladder.
Gallbladder diet.  Buy juices in glass jars.  Avoid plastics, especially BPAs

Even in adult populations studies show that BPA levels are directly related to an increase in inflammatory markers related to visceral obesity and insulin resistance.

Importantly, insulin resistance has been shown to be directly related to gallstone formation in many adults.

Gallbladder diet.  One of my favorite foods where I get omega 3s comes in glass containers
Plastics we use, cash register receipts we touch and prepared food containers all expose us potentially to BPAs.  And both directly and indirectly influence our propensity to form an inflamed gallbladder and increase the likelihood of forming more gallstones.

Gallbladder diet.  If it comes in glass and is fat free my gallbladder is happier
So in my search for the best gallbladder diet I am eliminating as much plastics as I can from coming into contact with food, including;

  • buy only fresh produce from the local market and carry home in cloth or fabric sacks,
  • pass on purchasing produce wrapped in plastic or on a styrofoam tray from the grocer,
  • avoid buying frozen fruits, vegetables or fish wrapped in plastics,
  • asking the butcher to wrap fresh fish in wax paper instead of plastics,
  • boycott the plastic containers of my favorite organic and kosher condiments such as horseradish mustard and place them in my shopping cart only if they are in a glass container
  • say goodbye to plastic wrap for use in the kitchen,
  • avoid handling cash register receipts,
  • use glass storage containers rather than plastic in the refrigerator,
  • by organic juices sold in glass jars only
  • and adopt an attitude of glass instead of plastics if at all possible.
The above may sound extreme.

Gallbladder Diet. Yes they have plastic lids but the container that touches the food is glass.
However humans have only been mass producing and using plastics for a generation or so.  We have no idea what the long term impacts these potential environmental toxins have on our future health.


Gallbladder diet.  Olive oil is especially important to purchase in glass containers

Unfortunately preliminary research is pointing to bad news with respect to plastics exposure and human health.  Cancers, birth defects, hormonal imbalances, cardiovascular diseases and inflammatory diseases have all been suggested to be linked possibly to BPAs and even the safer considered BPSs.

Now I know eliminating all plastics from my lifestyle is as impractical as my Project 100 Plan.

Gallbladder diet. Purchase fresh vegetables from the market, avoid plastic wrapped veggies
Yet nothing stands in my way from trying.  And I look upon the possibility of eliminating plastics from the house as an adventure and an offering of goodwill to my gallbladder.  

I am just learning about how intricately integrated our bodies are.  We can ingest, breathe, drink or touch some compound and that compound can affect the functioning of one to many of our organs, especially inflammatory substances.

So I'm going glass.  Bye bye plastics.

If this promotes the healthy functioning of my gallbladder for even a year over my lifespan it will be worth the effort.

Glass is classier than plastic too, in my opinion.

Mustard Based Condiments

I miss my ranch dressing that I would dip 'everything' on the supper table in.  Oily ranch dressing would today send my gallbladder writhing. Yet for many years ranch dressing was my favorite dip all.

Faced with a challenge though new doors and opportunities always seem to open out of nowhere.

Actually the opportunities were always there I was just lost somewhere on the ranch.

Gallbladder diet.  Fat free and in a glass container = happy & healthier gallbladder

Since I begun my gallbladder diet journey I've discovered an amazing array of fat free, organic and most without High Fructose Corn Sweetener, mustard spreads.  Some are too spicy yet most are simply delicious and kind to my gallbladder.

Gallbladder diet.  Mustard mixtures are healthier than many other creamy or ketchup based dressings and they are sold in glass jars.

Check out your grocer's cooler section near the chilled sauerkraut. Yum.

Gallbladder diet.  Mustard based condiments are available in many different flavors, again in glass containers
Finally, even mustard grows old after a while no matter what cool spice, herb, vegetable or fruit  ground seed is mixed with.

And so tomorrow I am going to write about my fat free (starchless) ranch dressing that is absolutely creamy and dreamy.

In the meantime I really do believe eliminating plastics from our food will pay long term benefits to our gallbladder, liver, intestines and digestive system.

As a post note, there is an amazing article about integrating eastern and western medicine with diet for optimal gallbladder heath here.  I am a novice understanding what eastern medicine can actually do.  I highly recommend reading this inspiration note written by Paula Owens found here.

Cheers!  Kevin. #gallbladder life




No comments:

Post a Comment